Sporting clays is the closest thing to actual field shooting of all the shotgun sports and here at Dead Zero we have a monthly NSCA Registered shoot.
You may have heard of sporting clays referred to as golf with a shotgun, and that’s a fair comparison. Like golf courses, no two sporting clays courses are alike, and terrain and background have a lot to do with how targets are presented. Rather than having clay birds thrown from standardized distances and angles as with skeet or trap, sporting clays courses are designed to simulate the hunting of ducks, pheasants, other upland birds, and even rabbits. Here at the Dead Zero Shooting Park, we have the nicest Sporting Clays Courses in Tennessee!
NEW SHOOTERS WELCOME!
We always welcome and embrace new shooters to the competitive shooting sports! Never shot matches before? No worries! We will help you learn and come to enjoy the competitive shooting sports.
FREE NSCA MEMBERSHIP FOR NEW SHOOTERS!
The NSCA is giving new shooters a free yearly NSCA membership when they come and shoot a competition for the first time!
- Shoots will be held the 1st Saturday and Sunday of each month
- Match signup at ScoringPro.com
- In Person Registration Starts – 8:30 am CST
- Last squad out 2 hours before dark
- Minimum 3 per squad. If you dont have a squad we will group you with another squad or send one of our Course Marshall’s with you to pull.
- European Rotation- Start at whatever station you would like to start on the course
- Shooting when you like, no preset squads and shoot times
- Pricing – Depends on the course set for that months shoot
- 150 or more shotgun shells minimum. Depends on how many of the courses you shoot
- Hearing and eye protection
General Manager: Matt Mills